Landlords Insurance Quote

Find out if you can get cheaper landlords insurance today.

4.8 808 reviews

Specialist Landlords Insurance Broker

Fill in our handy contact form for a quote

Contact Permissions

We’d love keep in contact and send you details of discounts, other products we offer, exclusive offers and the latest information and news by email, telephone and SMS. We will always treat your details with the utmost care and never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes. Please let us know how you are happy to hear from us by ticking the boxes below.

What Does Landlord Insurance Cover?

The type of landlord insurance varies depending on your requirements and property type. Typically, landlord insurance offers you specialist cover for: Damage to your property, Your contents, Loss of rent following an insured event. Compensation claims for when someone is injured in the property

Landlord building insurance provides cover to the property’s structure, for example, the walls and roof, kitchen units and bath suite. If you were to take out a standard home policy but rent the house to tenants, you run the risk of not being protected in the event of a claim. Furthermore, if you are buying the home with or have an existing mortgage on the property, your mortgage provider will likely require a specific landlord’s cover in place. However, if you have purchased a flat or apartment, you may not need building cover as the freeholder would be responsible for insuring this, but you may require contents cover. It is worth checking the details with the freeholder and solicitor prior to purchase.

Contents insurance for landlords provides cover for items you leave in the property against damage or theft. Common items are white goods and furniture. Contents cover also includes carpets, curtains and lampshades, so you may still choose to insure the contents even if the home is let out on an unfurnished basis. It’s important to note that a landlord contents policy doesn’t include your tenant’s contents

Loss of rent insurance usually forms part of your buildings policy and will pay out if the property is uninhabited for some time after an insurable event such as fire or flood. It’s important not to confuse this with rent guarantee insurance, which is different and detailed below.

How does the type of tenant type affect Landlord’s Insurance?

Tenant type is one of the many factors that insurance companies use when calculating the type of policy you need and also how much you pay for it.

When considering landlord Insurance, it is important to correctly detail the type of tenant you will be renting the property to:

Professional Tenants: Professional Tenants are people who work and pay their own rent.

Tenants seeking asylum; Not many insurance companies will provide cover for tenants seeking asylum. Finding cover can be quite complicated. If you are renting to asylum seekers, you must declare this to your insurance company.

Tenants on Benefits: Some insurance companies will cover tenants on benefits, and others will not. To ensure you have the correct cover in place, you’ll need to declare the right type of tenant on your insurers.

Students: If you rent to people in full-time education, they need to be declared on your insurance as they are often seen as a higher risk to insurance companies due to their youth and inexperience running a household. Statistically, students tend to make more claims than professional tenants.

Why Choose Riviera for Landlord Insurance?

  • Highly trained insurance specialists who search the market for you
  • Exclusive use of the free Riviera App, so you can access all your essential insurance information at your fingertips
  • Our claims line operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so we are always here when you need us the most
  • Flexible monthly payment options are available to help you spread the cost of your insurance

Big enough to save, small enough to care.

Our staff are empowered to contact insurance companies and underwriters on your behalf, giving an entirely personal service across the whole UK with no call centres. We take the time to know your insurance needs to offer you the cheapest insurance policy.

With the added benefit of optional cover, options are to suit you and your pocket. So, finding cheap insurance has never been more simple.

If you are local to Torbay, you can even pop in and see us arrange your insurance at our high street office on Union Street in Torquay.