Business Development Executive
We are seeking a highly motivated field-based Business Development Executive to work with our skilled team of insurance professionals. You will need a proven track record in a sales environment and some form of financial services related experience would be beneficial. You will be operating remotely regularly reporting to the Managing Director and Office Manager in a standalone position.
You will be expected to attend networking events across the southwest to build a strong working relationship with businesses and generate leads and identify partnerships and growth opportunities.
You will need to work well in a target driven environment and thrive under pressure. The primary focus will be to achieve a higher market penetration across the South West by expanding our Commercial, SME, taxi and motor business book.
This is an exciting opportunity within a growing business for a professional to make a direct impact on the growth of the business.
- Generating business leads and provide monthly reports and following up on sales opportunities.
- Working to agreed expenditure budget
- Cold calling potential customers and building relationships and providing monthly updates on progress and leads generated.
- Establishing customer needs and selling products accordingly.
- Working to deliver weekly and monthly quotes to enable the sales teams to deliver targets and hit KPI’s.
- Arranging meetings with clients and carrying out product demonstrations and maintain meeting notes.
- Following up swiftly on sales enquiries and sending out information.
- Working closely with other teams to develop new business.
- Researching the market and identifying potential target customers.
- Attending industry events to generate business leads.
- Adhere to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Maintain a record of all marketing materials used and demonstrate compliance sign off if challenged
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Managing the company’s social media accounts and posting relevant content.
- Reporting on activities towards targets to the office manager and director.
- Researching potential target industries and customers.
- All-round marketing experience gained from a similar sized organisation.
- Excellent motivational skills to inspire performance.
- Relevant industry experience ideally from a competitor.
- Highly motivated with a genuine drive to succeed. • Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Office Manager.
Good working knowledge of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally CDL or Open Gi System, Internet and email.
Due to the travel required a Full UK driving licence is required.
Company Pension Scheme
28 days holiday a year
Use of company pool car
Competitive salary and bonus scheme
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org