Riviera Insurance Logo

Which cars are most likely to be vandalised?

Claims analysed by a leading personal lines insurer cited that during 2013-2017 the car type most at risk from vandalism was ‘microcars’, with the well known Smart car topping the claims charts. It turns out that more than 1 in 100 registered owners have been filing claims each year, with the second most damaged car being the Mini with 1 in 1000 owners per year making vandalism claims over a 12 month period. The top two cars are unsurprisingly followed by some of the big brands, Alfa Romeo, BMW, Mazda, Peugeot, Saab, Fiat and Mercedes make up the remaining the top ten.

Overall the report notes that over 2000 claims are made for vandalism each month which really brings home the importance of investing in a higher level of cover than the minimum legal requirement of third party only cover.

Comprehensive Car Insurance – In addition to the cover provided by Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance, this also covers your car against any damage caused by an accident or someone else, whether you are at fault or not.

Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance – In addition to the cover provided by Third Party Only Cover insurance, this also pays you compensation if your vehicle is stolen or destroyed by fire (subject to Policy terms).

Third Party Only Car Insurance – The minimum level of insurance cover for a car which is required by law. Third Party Only covers your liability for death or bodily injury to anyone else and your liability for damage to someone else’s property. It does not cover any damage to your vehicle.

For more details or to get a quote contact us here or call 01803 659112.